Reception days: Tuesday from 10.00 to 12.00 and Thursday from 15.00 to 16.00
Republican center of the Union electronic catalogue created in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan №1487 of February 23, 2011 "on measures for further qualitative development of information-library and information-resource service on the basis of information and communication technologies for 2011-2015".
RCUEC operates and functions on the basis of the National library of Uzbekistan in accordance with legislation of the Republic of Uzbekistan and this Charter.
RCUEC with the interaction of information-library institutions are based on the membership Agreements or bilateral contracts for the provision of services;
• Creation of a database of summary electronic catalogue of the Republic of Uzbekistan by collecting bibliographic records from all library and information institutions on the territory of the Republic.
• Ensuring the collected bibliographic entries according to the standard
• Supervises and participates in the editing of bibliographic records coming into RCUEC
• Conducts negotiations with leading foreign Centers Swec and libraries.
The center consists of 2 departments:
1. Cataloguing and editing. The main objective of the Department to the control of bibliographic records, prevent their repetition and to ensure their quality. The division consists of 5 specialists.
2. Technical support and external communication. Establishes an active relationship between information and library institutions. Provides protection base Swac, including archiving of records, protection against unauthorized access and viruses, redundancy for safety, etc. the Department consists of 4 specialists
Hours of operation:
• Monday to Friday: 9.00 to 18.00
• Lunch: from 13:00 to 14:00
• Weekends: Saturday, Sunday
web site: unicat.natlib.uz
Address: Tashkent, 100017, Navoi str., 1
Fax: 8(371) 239-42-81
Phone: 8(371) 232-83-94.