In order to develop a common strategy and to further improve the quality of research and publication activity in the Republic of Uzbekistan on 21-22 February 2017 in the city of Tashkent was held the II Scientific and educational forum "Access to scientific information and publication activity".
The forum was attended by 368 participants, including:
leaders of the Committee for coordination of science and technologies under the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan, Ministry of higher and secondary special education of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the National library of Uzbekistan, Agency on intellectual property of the Republic of Uzbekistan, of the Higher attestation Commission of Uzbekistan;
representatives of universities, scientific institutes of the Academy of Sciences, leading scientific publishing houses of the Republic, information and library institutions, teachers, researchers and doctoral students;
representatives of the leading publishers and aggregators of scientific-educational databases: Clarivate Analytics EBSCO information services, Springer Nature.
The purpose of the forum was to increase the quality of research and publication activity in the Republic of Uzbekistan by familiarizing participants with the global sources of scientific and educational information and opportunities of publications in top journals.
The forum addressed current topics for the development of science and publication activities in Uzbekistan:
Ways to improve the efficiency and quality of research, publications and dissertations;
National access to research and educational institutions to resources Clarivate Analytics EBSCO Information Services and other world sources in 2017-2018;
Relevant sources of electronic scientific and educational resources of leading publishing houses of the world and using them in educational institutions and scientific centers of Uzbekistan.
In the framework of the Forum passed master classes with participation of leading managers of the world companies of publishers and aggregators of scientific-educational databases for sources of analytical and educational information for doctoral students and habilitation candidates on the following topics:
"Working with a leading international information platform Web of Science":
browse top-rated journals;
search in the WOS database;
the rating of a scientist and the organization;
monitoring of the development of scientific achievements
"The use of databases EBSCO information services in the framework of collective subscription":
usage statistics of databases in the framework of collective subscription (for organizations and directions);
overview EBSCO databases;
new search capabilities and resources;
multimedia scientific and educational resources
"Possibilities of use of information products published by Springer Nature in the development of science and education":
overview of information products published by Springer Nature;
an overview of the Toolkit published by Springer Nature for the development of the publication activity;
issues of a scientific article for publication in a ranked journal
Also information was provided on the topic "The Use of electronic information-educational resource of the National library of Uzbekistan in support of scientific research and publications":
an overview of electronic scientific and educational databases of the library;
overview of dissertation database diss.natlib.uz;
questions of the organization of collective access to scientific and educational databases
The theme of the roundtable was "Discussion of proposals to ensure access to scientific information and increasing publication activity", including a discussion of the results of workshops and trainings; preparation of the final document of the forum for discussion and approval in plenary session.
The organizers and participants of the forum noted that the main directions of increasing level of information support of scientific researches are:
- access to valuable international scientific and educational resources. Subscription to the leading databases of scientific and educational information, scientific journals.
- raising the awareness of employees of universities and research centers by organizing regular presentations of resources and search techniques, exhibitions, forums, newsletters, the introduction of disciplines on the study of global information resources, etc.;
- encourage the publication of research staff in high impact factor journals;
- development of corporate interaction between institutions, information and library institutions and research centers for the accumulation of valuable information for future use.
- increasing the credibility of scientific journals and collections of abstracts by careful conscientious review, selection, and inclusion of scientific journals into the databases Web of Science (WOS).
THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE FORUM
- heads of ministries, departments, universities and research centres, learned about the analytical results of the use of universities and research centers with global information resources, the effectiveness of the organization of scientific activities and improve the ranking of universities and research institutions;
- teachers, researchers, doctoral students – in accessing international electronic scientific and educational resources from leading publishers and aggregators of the world and possibilities to publish scientific articles in top journals. This will allow degree seekers to prepare and draw up their dissertations at a high level and meet international requirements;
- specialists of the information-library institutions (IBA) of new sources of scientific and educational resources, technologies of their formation and accumulation of scientific and educational process in the institutions concerned.
According to the results of the forum were formed outcome document, which outlines main issues of development of scientific-educational sphere of the Republic, identified ways to enhance the efforts of various ministries and agencies on the formation and development of consolidated decisions designed to promote the development of science and education.
Outcome and content of the forum can be found by following link below:
OUTCOME DOCUMENT OF THE FORUM (.pdf 183 Kb.)
THE MATERIALS OF THE FORUM